Massage Therapy at Excel Chiropractic & Massage Therapy Center
Having a therapeutic massage done helps ease muscle tension, which can provide relief for a number of health issues. As tension builds up in muscles, it can end up causing a wide range of problems, including sleep issues, anxiety and back or neck pain. At Excel Chiropractic & Massage Therapy Center, we offer massage therapy to relieve muscle tension and promote improved well-being overall.
Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy at Excel Chiropractic & Massage Therapy Center offers several benefits that boost physical and emotional health. These include the following:
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Eases muscle tension
- Promotes healing from injuries, including sports injuries
- Reduces blood pressure
- Slows the heart rate
- Promotes healthy circulation
- Improves sleep quality
- Improves posture
- Relieves back pain and neck pain
- Eases headaches
- Supports healthy lymph flow
Types of Massage Therapy at Excel
When you come to Excel Chiropractic & Massage Therapy Center for pain relief or for help with other problems, such as chronic stress, you will find that there are different kinds of massage therapy available. The kind that provides you with the most relief depends on the type of pain you have, how severe it is and what is causing it. Our chiropractor in Tacoma might recommend one of the following for you:
- Swedish massage: This is a common massage technique that involves the use of longer strokes. These strokes include kneading, gliding and tapping that targets certain muscles in your body and eases tension in them. This type of massage relieves pain and stiffness in the joints and can also improve circulation.
- Sports massage: This type of massage is designed to help athletes recover from sports-related injuries or reduce the risk of injuries by keeping muscles looser and more flexible, so they are less likely to tear. Sports massage can also boost energy levels before games or other competitions and help athletes build endurance. This type of massage typically targets a specific part of the body that is prone to pain, such as the knee.
- Deep tissue massage: This type of massage therapy reaches deeper into muscles in order to relieve severe muscle tension. While other types of massages only affect the muscles just below the surface of the skin, deep tissue massage affects the muscles that lie below these muscles for improved relief. Deep tissue massage can benefit patients with injuries and patients who have chronic pain. This type of massage can also help patients who do strenuous activities on a regular basis.
- Trigger point therapy: This type of massage targets trigger points that are believed to cause pain in certain parts of the body. These trigger points are sometimes located in the same part of the body that experiences pain, but they can also be located in other parts of the body.
- Myofascial release: This type of massage involves stretching tissue located between your muscles and fascia to ease pain and improve flexibility.
Contact Us for Massage Therapy Seattle WA
If you need more information on massage therapy, please contact us for massage therapy Seattle WA.